April 2021 • With a continuous shift towards digital marketing over the last few years, content marketing has emerged as a top strategy for many companies. So what type of assets should you invest in as part of your content portfolio?
Wyzowl, a leader in explainer videos, executed a recent survey showing that when consumers are presented with text and video on the same page, people prefer to watch a video. Specifically, when asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service, 69% said they’d prefer to watch a short video. And on average in 2021, people watch over 2.5 hours per day of online video.
With that, Wyzowl reports from their video marketer survey participants that:
- 86% say video increased traffic to their website
- 83% believe video has contributed to the average time spent on their website
- 84% say video helped them generate leads
- 94% believe the videos they used helped increase user understanding of their product/service
- 78% say video directly increased their sales
- 87% report that video is, in general, a good return on investment
In summary, video is a must because it increases brand recognition, product/service understanding, SEO, engagement, conversion, leads, and sales. Net-net, return on investment.
Interested in learning about how we can help you tell your story with video? Contact us